Friday, April 9, 2010

Ugly Space


This ugly space is above my stove. I am in the midst of spring cleaning and decided to pull out the stove and give it a scrub. I had every intention of cleaning the range hood, but it was too gross (it has been icky since I moved in no matter how much I have tried to clean it) so I yanked it out.

Now, I must decide what to do with the empty space. I don't want to put another range hood there, however I think I need a light and exhaust fan. I need to try to figure out what to do. I think I would like a little shelf and some pretty jars in which to store my most used herbs and spices. I know I am putting a backsplash on the wall, but beyond that I'm not entirely sure.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my !! I have one of those and mine was awful as well when we moved in last December. I'm not sure if my husband will let me remove it. I'll watch with interest to see what you'll be doing with the empty space.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete