Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ironing Bliss

I have never been much into ironing. Most of my clothes are cotton knit, wash and wear type of things. I iron occasionally if a dress shirt needs it. Well, I decided to try keeping my pillow cases starched and ironed since I have heard that it makes for a more restful night's sleep. In case you're wondering, it does.

I bought a can of Faultless lemon scented heavy starch (the yellow can below) to use on my pillow cases. I have to say, it smells very much like lemon. I ironed some very wrinkled tea towels and loved it.


I wanted to add lavender scent to my pillow cases since it's a scent for relaxation and who couldn't use a little more of that? I mixed lavender essential oil with enough distilled water to fill my iron. I used the lemon starch with the lavender steam and, oh my, it was delicious. So incredibly relaxing, it makes me want to rewash my pillow cases and start all over.

I went to the Faultless site for this picture and have discovered a lavender scent. I did not see that at my store, but I didn't look that closely either. I saw the lemon, I like lemon, so that is what I purchased. I may look for lavender next time I go, but I really enjoyed the method I used today. You should give it a try. Happy ironing!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, I do use a little starch but had not thought to put Lavender oil into the iron. Brilliant idea. I'll have to give it a go.
    Have you done anything with the space above your stove yet?

    blessings Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Gail, I have not done anything with that space as of yet. I am pretty sure I will be putting a shelf there. I'm not sure when I will be able to get to it as we are in the middle of redoing bedrooms. We just added a fourth and it is ready to move in. I just have to wait for hubby to have time off work. We are going to be repainting the kitchen, so it may be a while before that space is finished. I am hoping to be able to get the shelf up very soon. It's a project I can tackle on a quiet evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, I'll look forward to seeing it.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete