Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lovely laundry

I have a recipe for a lovely scented laundry detergent. I am always looking for scented things that won't irritate my asthma and eczema. I purchased an E book that had a recipe for a wash that used unscented liquid soap as the base, however, I can not find unscented anywhere here. So, I improvised and came up with a nice fragranced soap that does not bother my breathing.

15 oz lavender chamomile hand soap (I used two 7.5 oz bottles of Soft Soap brand)
1/2 c Borax
1/2 c washing soda
1/2 c water


I also added about 20 drops of lavender essential oil to punch up the lavender scent. This is totally optional. Then, I put it in a quart sized mason jar and shook it up to mix. I used a couple of tablespoons for a small load of delicates.


I would guess you could use any scent you like in lieu of the lavender chamomile. I have found a lemongrass basil soap that I think I might like to try next.

No comments:

Post a Comment