Monday, April 4, 2011

Kids Corner Time!!!


As I have mentioned in the past, I am home schooling my kids. It is an endeavor that keeps me busy not only educating my children, but also researching for fun and/or educational resources that cost little to no money. I prefer the latter, especially in this economy.

I am also of the mindset that most of the entertainment geared toward children is simply too mature in content, especially if you have an advanced reader like my oldest child. I keep looking for old, classic reading material and activities that are appropriate for my children and sometimes that can prove to be difficult.

Yesterday, while doing one of my searches, I came across a site that offers recordings for children. Most of them date back to the 50s or before. I felt like I hit the jack pot for auditory entertainment. There are things the kids recognize (like Looney Tunes) and many things the kids (and I) have never heard of. Some come with pictures that are scannings of the book pages, some have words to the music and some just have the album cover picture. Look for the link at the end of this post.

I am going to try to post a new resource on Mondays so you can use them in your own home classroom through the week or with your babes in the evenings after dinner. Hopefully, you will find these resources as useful as I do.

Kiddie Records Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment