Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wipe Off Menu

I was browsing the web and came across an idea. It was talking about menu planning and gave an excellent idea for a menu to hang in your kitchen. You use a printable menu and put it in a frame then use dry erase markers to write your meals on the glass. I loved the idea and decided to make it, but I wanted to go one better. So, I thought I'd offer you guys this little project that takes all of ten minutes to complete.

First, I took my frame and put the printable in it. I also pulled the stand off of the back.

Second, I got out my hot glue gun and went to work with ribbon and magnets. I secured the ribbon to the back of the frame under the magnets with hot glue. The magnets, while not strong enough to hold the frame up, help to keep it straight on your refrigerator.




The two little stray pieces of ribbon are actually one piece wrapped around the corner and serves as a place to hang my dry erase marker.



I then put a Command hook on my refrigerator to hold the frame, and voila!



I found the printable here. I may have to change my printable since the marker tip is wider than a pencil. I can't fit as much onto a line, but I usually use this one, so I had a blank one already printed. I also already had all materials on hand, even the magnets which were on the refrigerater hiding behind the cabinet. lol Either way, I thought this looked prettier than having a piece of paper hanging up.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nifty thing you did and I like your cal. paper :)

    ReplyDelete